J-Bird User's Guide (Version 0.5.2)
Launching J-Bird on Microsoft Windows
If you requested shortcuts when you installed J-Bird, you can start J-Bird
by clicking on the J-Bird shortcut either on the desktop or in Start ->
Programs -> J-Bird.
Clicking on launch script
You can also run J-Bird by clicking on the appropriate launch script
in the J-Bird folder/directory from the file system browser.
- Launch the file system browser by clicking on "My Computer" either
on the Desktop (Win98/Me) or Start -> My Computer (XP).
- Navigate to the directory that contains J-Bird. If you accepted
the defaults during the install, the directory is
- Double click on the file J-Bird.bat.
From a command prompt
J-Bird can be run from a command prompt.
- Launch a command window.
- Win XP - Start -> Programs -> Accessories ->
- Win 98 - Start -> Programs -> DOS
- Use the cd command to navigate to the directory in which J-Bird
was installed. The default install directory is
- Run the command
Last updated 12 April 2004